I was provided this toy from CP Toys to review, but I was not compensated for this review and my opinions are 100% my own.
We’re about one full week into Summer break, and keeping the kids entertained is already becoming quite the endeavor. I won’t judge you for letting your kids watch a few hours of Nick TV if you don’t judge me. Pinkie swear. All kidding aside, art projects are something that save me time and time again, so I was super excited to pull out this Art Activity Pack and surprise my girls. It’s definitely making this a creative summer!
This Art Activity Pack from CP Toys is seriously awesome if your kids love art and are interested in art history. The pack contains four art kits that contain books and art activities inspired by the works of Monet, Matisse, Picasso and Van Gogh. It’s something that we’ll be able to use for inspiration again and again.
Each kit features dozens of activities and includes a book, and either a poster to color or brightly colored papers for creating collages, depending on the activity and work of the artist featured. With so many different activities, it definitely keeps their interest.
The soft-cover book about the artists was fascinating to my eight year old. She loves reading and enjoyed learning about the different artists. She attended an art camp last year that focused on the works of Matisse and Picasso, so it was a great follow up for her.
Once they selected their artist and activity, they dove right in. Madeline was very interested in checking out what her sister was working on. They’re just a wee bit competitive.
After looking at our books and selecting an artist to interpret, we grabbed some art paper, scissors and glue from our art supplies stash, along with the papers and stencils included, and began our Matisse and Picasso collages. Reese used her stencils to make feathers.
Madeline chose to make a collage inspired by Picasso and chose to freehand shapes for her collage.
Matisse is Reese’s favorite artist! She used the stencils to make a collage of a landscape and bird. She was so thrilled with her collage!
Things we loved about this toy:
- The selection was great for my little artists: Monet, Matisse, Picasso and Van Gogh offered something for everyone.
- The activities are hands-on projects and include brightly colored papers for collages or a poster to color depending on the kit.
- The activities contain simple instructions and are easy for the kids to follow.
- The books are very informative about the artist’s life and the progression of his work, but are easy for kids to comprehend.
- My girls loved the large posters included in the Monet and Van Gogh kits and cannot wait to hang them in their rooms.
- The kits include almost everything you need: bright papers, stencils, posters, etc. You will need your own glue, scissors and crayons/colored pencils. No biggie for us as we always have those on hand.
About CP Toys
CP Toys by Constructive Playthings is a branch of U.S. Toy Company that revolves around education and fun. Constructive Playthings began in the 1950’s when founder Frances Klein recognized a need for quality educational resources for educators.
The need for CP Toys was recognized in 2011 when many parents desired to offer their children an experience that was both educational and fun. The vast selection of educational toys that one would typically not find in a brick-and-mortar style toy store are educational in nature, but appear no different to the child than a standard toy. Many of the toys in the CP Toys line enhance kids learning through sensory details, active play, and imagination enhancing.