I love baking from scratch, but sometimes time isn’t always on my side and a box mix creation like this Simple Soda Citrus Bundt Cake can be a pretty fabulous thing. Especially when you doctor it up so you can kind of get away with saying it’s homemade. Right?
Well, this dessert is something really special. The lemon cake mix combined with the lime soda makes a really moist and flavorful cake. And with just seven ingredients, you can spend that extra time on something more important and fancy. Like licking the bowl of icing. Not that I or my kids would ever do that.
- 1 box lemon cake
- 1 can of Mountain Zevia
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Mountain Zevia
- lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Using your mixer, combine the cake mix, can of Mountain Zevia, eggs and the vegetable oil on low for a minute, and then continue mixing at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into your bundt pan and bake 45 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cake is cool, prepare your glaze by mixing 3 cups of powdered sugar with ¼ cup of Mountain Zevia until smooth.
- Pour small amounts of glaze over the cake every five minutes or so, allowing it time to soak in. Repeat until you get the coverage you like.
- Top with lime zest, if desired.
- Grab a fork and inhale!
Seriously. You must try this cake! I served it at this Summery Key West Celebration and it got rave reviews and was gone before the end of the party!